Ibanez AE2912 - Natural Low Gloss
A Richly Appointed Performer's 12-string
Ibanez's AE2912 12-string blends rich appointments with smart performance features to create a visually and tonally compelling instrument. Its comfortably sculpted AE-series body is built from warm, lightweight okoume and constructed using Standard X-M top bracing and a dovetail neck/body joint to engender rich sustain up the entirety of the instrument. The AE2912's Comfort Grip nyatoh wood neck with rounded-edge katalox fingerboard plays great and looks stunning in its full-length vine inlay. Meanwhile, onboard Ibanez electronics — an AP11 magnetic pickup and custom Ibanez preamp — endow this guitar with gigworthy tone for wherever you play out.
Ibanez's AE acoustic series
With the AE series of acoustic guitars, Ibanez aimed to combine the best elements of traditional lutherie and modern design to appeal to a wide range of players — coffee shop crooners to technical performers. It all starts with the AE body. Its narrow waist, larger depth, and round lower bout strike a good balance between projection and comfort. Standard X-M top bracing allows the top to vibrate freely, enhancing bass and harmonic content. Ibanez even went so far as to redesign the bridge pins to streamline string changes, which equips this guitar for demanding stages and venues across the globe.
Okoume construction yields a rich sonic signature
With its strong fundamentals and ample sustain, okoume — a mahogany alternative and a recent favorite of several major guitar makers — is a bold choice for the AE2912's beautifully sculpted AE body. Okoume is not just tonally rich, but visually distinctive as well; the solid okoume top wraps around to coordinating okoume back and sides, whose figuring pops to life under the satin polyurethane protective finish. All told, it's a recipe for great tone and standout visuals, draped over a stand or slung over your shoulder.
Comfort Grip neck with rounded fingerboard edges
On an acoustic guitar, performance is everything. The Ibanez AE2912 features a great-playing Comfort Grip neck profile that molds to the hand for leadwork and enhances fulcrum for barre and cowboy chords. Additionally, rounded fingerboard edges give the AE2912 added comfort long-running record sessions and back-to-back sets.
Real bone nut and saddle
If you're familiar with guitar maintenance and modifications, you know that real bone is often the choice of top luthiers for nut and saddle material. These contact points have a big impact on the sound of your instrument, affecting both your frequency balance and your sustain. The Ibanez AE2912 features a real bone nut and compensated bone saddle, setting it apart from many guitars in its class.
Ibanez AE2912 12-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Part of Ibanez's AE acoustic series
- Comfortably sculpted AE body style with Standard X-M Bracing
- Solid-topped okoume construction yields a rich sonic signature
- Comfort Grip neck with rounded fingerboard edges
- Real bone nut and saddle enhance balance and sustain
- Beautifully appointed with a wood/abalone soundhole rosette and a full-length fingerboard inlay
- Onboard Ibanez electronics equip this acoustic-electric for the stage
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:12
- Body Shape:AE Singlecut
- Finish:Satin Polyurethane
- Top Wood:Solid Okoume
- Back & Sides Wood:Okoume
- Body Bracing:Standard X-M Bracing
- Neck Wood:Nyatoh
- Neck Shape:Comfort Grip with Rounded Edge
- Fingerboard Material:Katalox
- Fingerboard Inlay:Wooden Vine
- Number of Frets:20, Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.6"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Die-cast, 18:1
- Bridge Material:Scalloped Katalox
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.732"
- Electronics:Ibanez Custom Electronics
- Strings:D'Addario, .010/.010, .014/.014, .023/.008, .030/.012, .039/.018, .047/.027
- Manufacturer Part Number:AE2912LGS