Ibanez AEG62 Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Natural Mahogany High Gloss
Acoustic-electric Guitar with Sapele Top, Back, and Sides, Nyatoh Neck, Walnut Fingerboard, and Ibanez Electronics - Natural Mahogany High Gloss
Slimmer Body Acoustic-electric from Ibanez
Always committed to designing instruments with the player in mind, the Ibanez AEG200 represents a continuation of the popular AEG series. With a reduced-depth body, this slimmer acoustic-electric is light and easy to play. The AEG62 features an all sapele construction that results in a rich, bottomless low end with a lively midrange. A nyatoh neck and walnut fingerboard offer stellar playability and response, and an Ibanez T-Bar II undersaddle and AEQ-TTS preamp kick out beautifully articulate amplified tone. The AEG62 also features a smooth, deep cutaway that gives you access to those higher notes up the neck.
Stellar amplified tone
The placement of the Ibanez T-Bar II undersaddle pickup captures palm hits and bass drum-like tones — great for experimental, expressive styles of play. In addition, the AEQ-TTS preamp lets you tweak your amplified sound to suit various styles, and with an onboard tuner, you can stay in tune while you perform — a feature guitarists really appreciate.
AEG body shape feels great and keeps feedback at bay
The shallow body design of the AEG62 is not only comfortable to play, but it also keeps feedback at bay when plugged in. The undersized body eliminates the boominess you get from larger-bodied acoustics, making it ideal for live performance as well as recording. And its undersized design means it's lighter, making it a perfect "campfire" guitar that travels easily.
Ibanez AEG62 Acoustic-electric Features:
- Beautifully designed acoustic-electric with slimmer body design for comfortable playing
- All sapele construction yields sweet, warm tone
- Nyatoh neck offers stellar playability and response
- Ibanez T-Bar II undersaddle and AEQ-TTS preamp kicks out beautifully articulate amplified tone
- Genuine bone nut and compensated bone saddle support enhanced tone
- Onboard tuner keeps you in tune during your performance
- Ibanez Advantage bridge pins keep strings in place
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:AEG
- Finish:High Gloss Polyurethane
- Top Wood:Sapele
- Back & Sides Wood:Sapele
- Neck Wood:Nyatoh
- Neck Shape:Comfort Grip
- Fingerboard Material:Walnut
- Fingerboard Inlay:Diamonds
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.9"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome Die-cast
- Bridge Material:Walnut
- Nut/Saddle Material:Plastic/Plastic
- Nut Width:1.692"
- Electronics:Ibanez AEQ-TTS
- Strings:Ibanez, .012-.053
- Manufacturer Part Number:AEG62NMH