Taylor’s acclaimed 700 series combines exceptional USA build quality with an artisan touch of exceptional craftsmanship. The 724ce is versatile modern workhorse with looks worth showing off as a display piece. Full koa top, back, and sides deliver balanced frequency that’s paired perfectly with a Grand Auditorium acoustic body shape. One of Taylor’s flagship designs, the Grand Auditorium is a balanced and tapered body with enough clarity for fingerpicking yet ample body for strumming chords. Plus, this fresh Taylor’s revolutionary V-Class bracing inside the guitar yields spot-on intonation, greater resonance, and longer sustain.
The Grand Auditorium player-friendly design is built for professionals who want to hop from style to style quickly without switching guitars! One of Taylor’s iconic guitar shapes, the Grand Auditorium’s comfortable low profile sonically outsized by its strong voice and projection. Since it's balanced across lows, mids, and highs, players who favor transparent-sounding guitars will love the 724ce’s warm and crisp fingerpicking response that darkens up when flatpicking or strumming with force. What’s more, for better access to upper frets, the 724ce also features Taylor’s signature Venetian cutaway.
The finest koa tonewood grows only on the Hawaiian Islands among the extremes of tropical weather and rugged volcanic mountainsides. In Hawaiian, koa means “bold,” which describes both its stunning wood grain and unique acoustic tone. The 724ce features a natural koa top, koa back and sides, and a mahogany neck with a matte finish and an ebony fingerboard accented with maple and rosewood purfling. It’s an incredibly articulate guitar with a trebly snap, haunting midrange, and warm low end. Plus, like any koa guitar, the 724ce’s low end warms and opens the more it’s played over time. The result is a guitar that matures and ages like a fine wine.
Bracing supports each and every acoustic guitar’s interior, and, though it's almost invisible, bracing shapes guitar acoustics in a big way! X-shape bracing was standard on acoustics for over a century, but Taylor’s revolutionary V-bracing teases more volume and sustain out of a guitar’s sound chamber, even a slim-waisted guitar like the 724ce. V-bracing allows wooden acoustic tops to vibrate with more richness, projection, and sustain with more space inside the sound chamber for note maturation. This groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation and rounds out the hi-fi sound of top-of-the-line Taylor guitars like the 724ce.
Taylor 724ce Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Comfortable Grand Auditorium body shape with Venetian cutaway
- Taylor ES2 electronics with 2-band EQ
- Hawaiian koa top, back, and sides with balanced tonal response
- Mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard and 20 frets
- Ebony headstock with fountain inlay
- V-Class bracing
- Rosewood/maple purfling
- Premium hardware: ebony bridge pins, Taylor tuning machines, and a micarta bridge
- Proudly made in the USA
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Top Wood:Hawaiian Koa
- Back & Sides Wood:Hawaiian Koa
- Body Bracing:V-Class
- Binding:Indian Rosewood/Maple
- Neck Wood:Mahohgany
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Fountain
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Closed Gear, 18:1 ratio
- Bridge Material:West African Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Black Tusq/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:Elixir Light, .012-.053
- Case/Gig Bag:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:A704002111006991000