Distortion, chorus, and more are all on hand, as are 9 bass amp models that simulate classic combinations. Some effects benefit from the use of an expression pedal, so you can change the effect's amount in a smooth gradual way. You can tweak the pedal's operation in the digital realm through the B1X Four's display screen.
Five effects can be chained at any time and in any order. You can save these effects in one of the 50 user-preset patches. Switch among patches (or banks of patches) quickly with the tap of a toe, so you can change your live or studio sound with ease. You can also change global characteristics to retain a sense of unity among patches. A three-knob tone stack and the overall output level knob do not change as you cycle through your sounds.
The pedal sports over 70 different effects, and you can edit or add more effects from your computer too. Simply hookup the pedal to your Mac or Windows machine over a USB cable and add effects from Zoom's Guitar Lab software.
The B1X Four provides one 1/4" instrument input, one 3.5mm input for mobile devices and media players, and a combined amp/headphone output. The unit runs on four AA batteries, giving you up to 18 hours of runtime. You can also power the unit with a dedicated ZOOM AD-16 AC adapter, or over USB.
Key Features at a Glance
- Over 70 built-in effects
- 9 amp models for simulating classic bass rigs
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously
- Chain effects together in any order
- Built-in expression pedal
- Change sensitivity of expression pedal via the menu and display
- Looper records up to 30 seconds depending on BPM (64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times)
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing, and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns, which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Autosave function for saving all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable
- Both active and passive instruments supported)
- Auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- Runs on 4 AA batteries
- Alkaline battery life of up to 18 hours
- USB port for firmware updates, power, and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab