Refined sonic and aesthetic details abound on Taylor’s rosewood/spruce 900 Series, whose tone receives a major upgrade from newly added V-Class bracing. The 912ce’s compact Grand Concert body is a lap-friendly delight, while the slightly shorter 24 7/8-inch scale length makes bending strings and fretting chords even easier. The new bracing scheme delivers improvements to volume and sustain, making this small-bodied guitar a powerhouse in both practice and performance situations. Tone-optimizing features include customized wood thicknesses for the Grand Concert shape, along with protein glues for the bracing and bridge and a thin (3.5 mil) gloss finish. The result is a guitar that’s incredibly responsive to a light touch, with impressive midrange warmth and sustain. Between the balance, articulation and broad tonal range, fingerstyle players will love exploring the guitar’s sonic palette. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics and a Venetian cutaway in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case.
Grand Concert Shape
A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
Sitka Spruce Top Woods
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Indian Rosewood Body Woods
The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 18
- Tuners: Taylor Slot Head
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 19 1/2"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4 3/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Armrest Binding: West African Ebony
- Backstrap Wood: Match Binding
- Rosette Mat.: Paua
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Ascension, Pink Abolone/Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead PurflingvKoa
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Ascension, Pink Abolone/Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ex: Koa/Paua/Koa
- Edge Trim: Koa/Paua/Ko: