Our flagship Grand Auditorium now boasts even more sonic delights with the addition of our groundbreaking V-Class bracing architecture. The classic tonewood combination of Indian rosewood and Sitka spruce still delivers its characteristic blend of warmth, low-end presence, and high-range sparkle, but V-Class bracing elevates that tone to new heights. Notes sustain longer, allowing rosewood’s rich overtones to bloom with more clarity than ever, and the advanced bracing scheme introduces greater power and tunefulness across the entire tonal spectrum for a rich and expressive sound. Standout material features include a smoky ebony fretboard sourced from Taylor’s Crelicam mill in Cameroon, maple binding, rosewood edge trim, an abalone rosette edged with rosewood, and mother-of-pearl Element fretboard and peghead inlays. The 814ce also includes a Venetian cutaway and our ES2 acoustic electronics, and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
Grand Auditorium Shape
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Sitka Spruce Top Woods
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Indian Rosewood Body Woods
The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Pale Non-Figured Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Element
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Element
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Indian Rosewood