One of the distinctive traits of maple as a tonewood is its sonic transparency, which makes it wonderfully player-reflective. On this maple/spruce 614ce, a torrefied (specially roasted) Sitka spruce top and our tone-enhancing V-Class bracing take that natural versatility to a whole new level. Whatever the player brings to the guitar comes through—it can be played to sound warm or bright. The roasting process for the top elicits a more played-in tone, and together with the V-Class bracing gives the player a more expressive tool in the form of increased dynamic range, greater projection, longer sustaining notes, and more harmonic agreement with chords up the entire fretboard. The 614ce also stands out as one of the most touch-sensitive models in the entire Taylor acoustic line. Whether you play fingerstyle arrangements or strum in alternate tunings, whatever your preferred musical style, this guitar pays musical dividends on what you put into it. Aesthetic touches include a hand-rubbed Brown Sugar stain that highlights the rich figure of the maple back and sides, along with ebony binding, a paua abalone rosette trimmed with ebony and ivoroid, and our Wings fretboard and peghead inlays in grained ivoroid. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
Grand Auditorium Shape
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Sitka Spruce Top Woods
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Maple Body Woods
Revoiced to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar's dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: Macassar Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2 or 3 piece
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: Match Binding
- Rosette Mat.: Ebony/Ivoroid/Paua/Ivoroid/Ebony
- Stain/Sunburst: Brown Sugar
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Grained Ivoroid Wings
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Ivoroid
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Grained Ivoroid Wings
- Peghead Logo: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None