Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone
Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone
Inspired by the SM7B, the Shure MV7 is a dynamic microphone with both USB and XLR outputs for use with computers and professional interfaces alike. Connect via USB and explore additional set-up features and Auto Level Mode within the ShurePlus MOTIV app. You'll be able to control features such as your vocal tone, and distance from the microphone.
XLR and USB Hybrid Microphone
Choose to connect your MV7 by XLR or USB, depending on your set up. When connecting via USB, you have access to the ShurePlus MOTIV app, which has a variety of additional controls. Mic Gain, Mic Mute, EQ, Monitor Mix, Limiter and Compressor can all be adjusted. Or, connect your MV7 via XLR to an audio interface if you are working with a professional recording set-up.
Auto Level Mode
Users that connect via USB will have access to Auto Level Mode, which offers adjustments between Tone and Mic Position. Once enabled, this mode will allow the microphone to constantly adjust your level on the y to ensure a consistent output of your recording or stream. Save valuable editing time in post-production and keep your level consistent throughout. It’s like having a virtual engineer by your side.
App Control From Integration With ShurePlus MOTIV Apps
Download the free ShurePlus MOTIV app to your desktop or mobile device. From there, configure the microphone to perform best for your chosen application. Select Auto Level Mode if you want a ‘set it and forget it’ microphone. Or, use Manual Mode if you wish to get more hands-on with features such as Mic Gain, Mic Mute, EQ, Monitor Mix, Limiter and Compressor. You can even save your favorite presets for another day.
Voice Isolation Technology
The MV7’s impressive combination of cartridge, pick-up pattern and shock mount brings your voice to the forefront of the recording. It prevents any unwanted background or room noise from interrupting your sound.
Built-in Touch Panel
If you’re on-the-go or want a slight adjustment before you’re set to record, the on-board touch panel allows you to quickly slide and adjust microphone gain, headphone volume and monitor mix. You can also mute the microphone, lock the touch panel and even exit Auto Level Mode to revert to Manual Mode.
Built-in Headphone Monitoring
Ensure that you are getting perfect audio at all times with the direct headphone monitoring output. Connect your favored headphones or earphones via the 3.5mm connector and set your desired monitor mix between microphone and device.
Customizable Sound Signature
Choose your sound and pick your tone from either ‘dark’, ‘natural’ or ‘bright’ within the ShurePlus MOTIV app.
Optimized Mic Position Presets
Whether you’re a podcaster that likes to get up close and personal with the microphone, or a streamer that likes a bit more breathing space, there is a setting to suit your needs. Choose between ‘near’ and ‘far’ mode within the ShurePlus MOTIV app, to optimize the MV7’s output depending on your preferred mic position.
- Dynamic microphone with USB and XLR outputs
- Additional customization and control with the free ShurePlus MOTIV app
- Voice Isolation technology prevents unwanted background noise
- Built-in touch panel for quick adjustments
- Built-in headphone monitoring
- Optimized mic position presets to adjust to your personal recording preferences
- Dual USB/XLR output allows digital or analog recording Dual USB/XLR output allows digital or analog recording
- Highly directional dynamic element and voice isolation technology
- Intuitive touch panel for control over gain, monitoring volume, headphone mix, and mic muting
- Built-in headphone output allows for direct headphone monitoring while recording
- Optimized frequency response for rich and natural vocal reproduction
- Interfaces with the ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop Application for access to audio processing
- Auto-Level Mode automatically adjusts gain and compression settings
- Switchable EQ lters to adjust audio tone color
- Options to save custom user presets
- Rugged, all-metal construction for outstanding reliability
- Adjustable integrated yoke for easy positioning on standard 5/8"-27 threaded stands or booms
Product Manager, Soren Pedersen, shows us three different ways to use your MV7 Podcast Microphone and how you can configure the microphone for different applications using the free ShurePlus MOTIV™ App for desktop. Whether you’re podcasting, streaming or recording vocals, the MV7 has been configured to suit your needs and give you perfect sound wherever you decide to record. Find out more: https://www.shure.com/mv7
Three Ways to ...Product Manager, Soren Pedersen, shows us three different ways...