Roland DJ-808 DJ Controller w/ 4-Channel Mixer
THE FIRST AND ONLY INSTRUMENT FOR THE PRODUCER DJ
The DJ-808 is a state-of-the-art DJ controller with a 4-channel mixer, built-in drum sequencing, vocal processing, and the deepest Serato DJ Pro integration available. Going way beyond a typical DJ controller, the DJ-808 is an instrument, with a Roland “TR-S” drum machine that contains the world’s most iconic drum sounds and can even control the Serato Sampler within Serato DJ Pro. The VT Voice Transformer can pitch your voice to match the key of your Serato DJ Pro tracks, while two AIRA Link ports let you connect compatible synths and electronic gadgets, and produce a live remix, with just a simple USB cable. Sound quality is high-end and the hardware is built tough yet easy to carry—ready for inspired sets that push the boundaries of what it means to DJ.
- Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats
- Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer
- Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching
- Velocity sensitive RGB color pads for HOT CUE, ROLL, TR, SAMPLER and more
- Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays
- 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX
- Standalone professional 4 channel digital mixer
- Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ Pro
- 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode
- 100mm pitch faders
- Unlocks Serato DJ Pro and comes with a Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ license
- Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of a Serato DVS license
World-class software meets world-class hardware
- With the DJ-808, Serato and Roland bring the best of software and hardware together into a single instrument that ushers in a new era of DJ’ing. It melds the supreme power of Serato DJ Pro software with the genre-defining sound and precise engineering of Roland hardware. Decades of combined expertise give today’s producers and DJs state-of-the-art tools and innovative features that open up a new world of creative options, both on stage and in the studio.
Legendary TR drum sounds and sequencing
- From the TR-909's unmistakable hi-hats to the wall-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of dance music. Customize your beats on the fly and in the moment using the DJ-808’s built-in TR drum machine with its iconic sounds and 16-step sequencer that stays in perfect sync with Serato DJ Pro.
- The integrated TR drum machine contains the Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Hi-Hats and Clap from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines—the rhythmic foundation of a lot of dance music. These sounds use Roland’s acclaimed and award-winning Analog Circuit Behavior, faithfully replicating the original electronic circuitry of these influential rhythm boxes. It means you get all the thump and sizzle of the classic instruments, with dedicated knobs to control tuning, attack, and decay—putting a new twist on these legendary sounds.
- In addition to the internal TR drum sounds, the TR-S sequencer can also trigger the new 8-slot Serato Sampler within Serato DJ Pro. You can mix and match individual drum sounds, layer kicks and snares, and build drum parts limited only by your creativity.
Deep Serato DJ Pro control
- Careful design considerations in the Roland DJ-808 take full advantage of everything Serato DJ Pro has to offer. Built-in DVS support (with the purchase of a Serato DVS license), dedicated loop control buttons, controls for Serato Flip, HOT CUE, FX, even Key Sync—it is all there. Key Sync and Loop functions get dedicated sections so you can quickly adjust the key or shift the loop for a particular deck. The design of every pad, slider and button is with performance in mind. This workflow feels familiar and yet new and exciting, all at the same time.
Cut, scratch and cue with the high-performance platters
- The large, high-quality platters feel great and have the lowest latency of any DJ controller available. You get incredibly tight control over your music with super-fast scratches and cuts. The durable and responsive platters have integrated displays that clearly show playback status so you’re always in control. You can even control two decks simultaneously from a single platter with dual deck mode.
Expand your DJ setup—on stage and in the studio
- If you are a producer, a DJ, or both, the built-in connectivity for synths, turntables, microphones and more allows the DJ-808 to take your craft to a completely new level. Two AIRA link USB ports let you easily connect compatible Roland instruments and effects with a single USB cable. Trigger synchronized keyboard arpeggios or play live bass lines, leads and sound effects. One connection is all you need to inject your DJ sets or productions with exciting musical elements that can easily sync to your Serato DJ Pro tracks.
Pitch Perfect with Voice Transformer and Serato Key
- Not only does the DJ-808 have a high quality mic input with an XLR combo jack, but also has a dedicated vocal processor, the VT Voice Transformer, that can drastically transform your voice. Knobs for EQ, Pitch and Formant make dramatic vocal effects easy and the ducking capability will automatically adjust the volume when speaking or singing into the mic. And the VT’s Auto Pitch function will even re-pitch the incoming signal to match the key of your Serato DJ Pro tracks.
Pro hardware for demanding sets
- Roland has a long history of making rock-solid, reliable instruments with performance in mind, and the DJ-808 is no exception. It has smooth, intuitive knobs and faders, adjustable curves, removable crossfader and touch-sensitive RGB buttons for HOT CUE, ROLL, SAMPLER, SLICER, PITCH PLAY and TR drum machine triggering.
- Equipped with both 1/8” (3.5mm) and 1/4” (6.35mm) headphones jacks, combo XLR input jacks, built-in phono pre-amp, solid build quality, and audiophile sound quality—it is arguably the most thoughtfully designed DJ controller ever built.
- Signal processing:
- Sampling Frequency = 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion = 24 bits
- D/A conversion = 32 bits
- Nominal input level:
- INPUT (1–4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu
- INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu
- MIC IN (Combo type): -60 dBu
- Nominal output level:
- MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu
- BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
- Input impedance:
- INPUT (1–4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
- MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- Output impedance:
- MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
- BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced)
- PHONES: 44 ohms
- INPUT (1–4) jacks: RCA phono type
- MIC IN jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced))
- MASTER OUT 1 jacks: XLR type (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- USB Host ports: USB type A
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- PHONO GROUND terminal
- Power supply: AC adaptor
- Current draw: 2,000 mA
- Startup guide
- USB cable
- serato P'NT DJ EXPANSION PACK VOUCHER card
- SIZE AND WEIGHT:
- Width: 668 mm, 26-5/16 inches
- Depth: 427 mm, 16-13/16 inches
- Height: 84 mm, 3-5/16 inches
- Weight: 6.8 kg, 15 lbs