Small size. Massive groove.
Produce and perform music anywhere, anytime—without clutter or complications. The MC-101 GROOVEBOX has all the high-quality sounds, sequencing, and effects of the professional MC-707, in a compact four-track version that’s go-everywhere portable. Get started with an inspiring collection of ready-to-go sounds and patterns, or easily create your own. Craft a unique style by importing custom sounds and loops that sync to tempo. And you can perform with the MC-101, triggering clips and shaping your sounds with direct, hands-on control.
- Compact and portable professional music production tool
- Tone, Drum Kit, and Looper (Audio Loop) track types
- Connections include 1/4" phone jacks, MIDI and USB ports
- SD card included for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- Power with 4 AA batteries or USB
- 4 tracks and 64 clips (16 clips per track)
- Features: Track Multi-Effects (90 types); Track EQ; Chorus/Delay (9 types); Reverb (7 types); Master Effects (90 types); Master Compressor; Master EQ
- 128-step Step Sequencer
Everything you need to create a song or perform a live set without a computer
- 3,000 free Noiiz samples to power up your hip hop productions
- Four-track recording
- Sampling & Sequencing
- Studio-grade effects
- Curated palette of sounds, loops, and phrases
- Audio and MIDI can be recorded
- Hands-on faders and knobs inspire in-the-moment creativity
Pocket production studio
The MC-101 is a professional production tool, sharing the sounds and many of the capabilities of its bigger sibling, the MC-707. And there are advantages in being small. The MC-101 is solid-yet-light and runs for about five hours on four AA batteries, so you can design sounds, create drum patterns, and compose musical phrases just about anywhere. And it’s not just a scratch pad for simple ideas. You can produce fully-fledged professional tracks or create backing tracks and accompaniment for live performance.
Turn a creative spark into fire
The MC-101 has a four-track sequencer optimized for creating today’s electronic and dance-focused music. You can use the 16 RGB pads to create drum, bass, and synthesizer patterns and produce your own original music. Explore a musical playground, where you can freely combine loops and one-shots with melodic phrases including your own MIDI sequences and imported audio recordings. Compose and trigger clips, rearrange, re-sample, record automation, and more.
A portable studio full of vintage gear
The MC-101 has the Roland sounds that have defined electronic and dance genres for over forty years. Legendary instruments like the TR-808, TR-909, JUNO-106, and SH-101 are all here, ready to replicate classic sounds or be combined, tweaked, and processed into entirely new sounds.