Hohner 560BXG Special 20 Harmonica, Key of G - w/retail box package
The Special 20 is the go-to harp for harmonica players of any style, including blues, country, folk, or rock. The Special 20 delivers the coveted Marine Band sound and offers the benefits of its plastic comb: it doesn't absorb moisture so it won't swell, shrink, or crack; it lasts longer and is more airtight than wood combs that can become swollen, twisted, and warped; airtight construction provides increased responsiveness; plastic provides comfort and it's smoother on the lips, preventing chafing.
Another plus of the Hohner 560 Special 20 is that the harmonica's reed plates are recessed into the comb. This keeps the sharp edges of the brass reed plates (found on most harps) from harming your lips. The Special 20 is the harp-of-choice of harmonica virtuoso John Popper of the band Blues Traveler and was played by Bob Dylan on his 2007-2008 tour. Chances are your favorite player has several of these harmonicas in his case.
- 10-hole diatonic
- Standard (Richter) tuning
- Reeds: 20
- Brass reedplates, 0.9 mm
- Plastic comb
- Length: 10 cm
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels Easily adjustability for overblows