DS8 Desktop stand
The Fluid Audio DS8 desktop monitor stand is designed for use with 6” and 8” driver loaded studio monitors. They elevate your monitors to one of two heights: 3” and 6”. Using custom formulated rubberized silicone feet, the stands provide critical acoustic isolation. Tilt can also be set to one of 3 angles: Flat, 3, and/or 6 degrees of tilt.
Elevating your monitors closer to ear-level means you get better on-axis response. High frequencies coming from tweeters are more directional (or beam-like), so getting them up and closer to ear level means you hear a more full-frequency response.
Made from MDF wood (the same material as your monitor enclosures) they are rugged and acoustically well damped. The “posts” are made with polypropylene, minimizing the “ringing” sound of ABS plastic. Both top and bottom of the stands are capped off with highly absorbent, 40 durometer rubber feet using Fluid’s own ‘vibreaker’ technology allowing your monitors to “breathe” and produce purer tones with less distorted midrange.
- 4 x 3” stand “posts”
- 4 x 6” stand “posts”
- 4 x middle stabilizers
- 10 rubber feet (10mm)
- 5 rubber feet (18mm)
- 10 screws (for mounting posts)
- Fits most 6” to 8” studio monitors
- Allows for 2 height adjustments: 3” and 6”
- Allows for 3 angle adjustments: Flat, 3 deg and 6 deg
- Middle stabilizers: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Stands: Polypropylene plastic
- Rubber: Highly absorbent, 40 Durometer
- Size (packed): 8.46 x 8.93 x 4.9”
- Max load 13kg per unit
- Weight: 1.46kgs/giftbox
- Total Depth: 221.5mm
- Distance between front and rear rubber support: 180mm
- Total Width: 206mm
- Distance between left and right rubber support: 150mm