ClearSonic SORBER baffles are an easy and effective way to contain sound and control reflections. SORBER baffles are manufactured out of rigid 1.5" thick compressed fiberglass encased in heavy-duty 'trunk cloth'. SORBER panels are available in free-standing or tackable models. All SORBER baffles are Velcro-receptive so thay can easily be attached to almost any surface. You can also use Velcro to attach signs or other light weight items to SORBER quickly and easily.
We make SORBER by inserting a 1.5" thick rigid fiberglass section into a heavy duty carpet cloth jacket and seal them shut using Velcro. We use fiberglass fill instead of less expensive materials because of its fire resistance and superior acoustic properties.
* EFFICIENT NOISE REDUCTION: SORBER baffles don't just redirect sound - they absorb it! SORBER's NRC ratings are greater than 90%.
* FREESTANDING or TACKABLE: Set up S4-2 or S5-2 SORBER in freestand mode and avoid messing up your walls by gluing, nailing, screwing, etc. Reconfigure your room setup quickly and easily. Also, SORBER case fabric is "Velcro receptive". If desired, SORBER can be held against a surface using standard Velcro hook. S2 SORBER squares attach to ClearSonic Panels this way. Use the Velcro flaps to attach adjacent S4-2 or S5-2 baffles to each other.
* DURABLE: Made from a super tough carpet "trunk" cloth (polypropylene with a latex backing) that can take the abuse of the road!
* AESTHETICALLY NEUTRAL: The dark gray cloth look great from either side!
* LOW COST: SORBER systems are mass produced. Our prices are lower because we take advantage of economies of scale.
* FIRE RESISTANT: All SORBER products have a Class A fire rating. To be considered 'Class A', a product must have a Flame Spread of less than 25 and a Smoke Developed Index rating of less than 450. SORBER products have a Flame Spread index of 0 and a Smoke Developed index of 65. Testing was performed by Omega Point Lab using the ASTM E84 Test Standard.
S4-2 & S5-2 SORBERs are free-standing absorption baffles that can be used for a variety of purposes. Each S4-2 and S5-2 consists of 2 panels connected with a cloth hinge. S4-2s are 44" tall and S5-2s are 66". S4-2s and S5-2s are used in the rear of most IsoPacs, but can also be portable isolation for vocalists, horn players, guitarists, etc. Adjacent S4-2 and S5-2 baffles can be attached to each other.
**Shown are (3) S52's.