Strymon Brigadier dBucket Delay Effects Pedal
Destroy the Analog / Digital Divide.
In setting out to design Brigadier, we decided to take a super-powerful SHARC DSP and dedicate all of it’s horsepower to doing one thing and one thing only—delivering the best analog bucket brigade sound ever. We’ve utilized every last drop of DSP power, allowing Brigadier to deliver every minute detail and nuance that makes analog delays special. Our hand crafted, processor-intense dBucket algorithm delivers all of the sonic complexities of analog bucket delays with none of the drawbacks. No stone has been left unturned.
Clean or Noisy. Your Choice.
Brigadier gives you all of the tone and none of the noise of regular old bucket brigade chips, unless of course you choose to add it back with our exclusive Bucket Loss control. Go from warm and clean repeats all the way to noisy, saturated delays. Couple that with dedicated modulation and filter controls, tap tempo, and assignable expression pedal input, and you have yourself a versatile delay powerhouse.
- Time controls the delay time according to the selected delay mode. Delay clock is continuously variable. Turning the knob while repeats are occurring can produce dramatic pitch effects.
- Mix controls the balance of your analog dry signal and your wet signal, from 100% dry at minimum to 100% wet at maximum. The mix occurs entirely in analog. 50/50 mix occurs when the Mix knob is set to 3:00. Hold Tap and Bypass simultaneously while turning the Mix knob to access the +/-3dB Boost/Cut feature. Achieve a plus or minus 3dB boost or cut when the pedal is engaged.
- Bucket Loss controls the amount bucket loss at each stage in the dBucket algorithm, from no loss at minimum to full noisy loss at maximum. Set to 3:00 to get maximum distortion with just a hint of noise. Increasing from 3:00 adds more noisy loss. Hold Tap and Bypass simultaneously while turning the Bucket Loss knob to access the Filter feature. The Filter control allows the delay repeats to be darker or brighter.
- Repeats varies the number of repeats from just one all the way to runaway oscillation. When set to 3:00, a sustained infinite repeat is achieved without runaway.
- Mod adds LFO modulation to the delay time. Modulation is off at the minimum setting. The modulation speed is slow in the first half of the knob, and fast in the second half of the knob, increasing in intensity as the knob is turned clockwise.
Hand crafted dBucket algorithm for highly accurate reproduction of every stage of an analog bucket brigade chip and the associated clock driver circuitry
- Bucket Loss control to vary the amount of loss that occurs at each stage of the dBucket
- 3 delay time modes: Short, Medium and Long
- Tap Tempo modes for quarter, dotted eighth, and eighth note triplets
- Filter control for adjusting the tone of the delay repeats
- Dedicated Modulation control
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when the effect is engaged
- Press and hold Tap for Infinite Repeats
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input)
- Stereo output
- Tap Tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter) or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails Mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- 9V center negative DC supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight green anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA