Ibanez High Performance RG420HPAH - Blue Wave Black
Choose an RG for Unparalleled Playability and Tone
For high-octane tone, fluid playability, and undeniably cool looks, it's hard to beat the Ibanez High Performance RG420HPAH solidbody electric guitar. The Ibanez RG hardly needs an introduction — iconic guitarists from Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai to Gary Holt and Reb Beach have made their impact with an RG at some point. This iteration of the definitive rock guitar boasts a fast-playing Wizard III roasted maple neck, an aggressively-voiced pair of DiMarzio humbucking pickups, and a double-locking tremolo for a massive expressive range. When you need a guitar that will hold up to your most frantic fretwork, you'll do well with the Ibanez RG420HPAH.
DiMarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone humbucking pickups
The Ibanez High Performance RG420HPAH is primed for epic tone with a pair of DiMarzio humbucking pickups. In the neck slot, the Air Norton is deep and warm, but not muddy. The magnetic structure is designed to reduce string-pull, which improves sustain, and it yields picking attack and dynamics that are easily controlled and expressive. It's a perfect match for the Tone Zone humbucker in the bridge position. The DiMarzio Tone Zone is a brilliantly high-output pickup, yet it delivers tremendous dynamic range, so you can get even more tones out of your guitar. Pick softer and the notes are cleaner and quieter, then throw on some harder shredding, and you'll get a ton of fat power.
Iconic Wizard neck
The Wizard neck profile has been what makes an Ibanez an Ibanez. And you'll find the third-generation Wizard III on the Ibanez High Performance RG420HPAH solidbody electric guitar. Its incredibly thin contour is a favorite among fast, technical players, as it allows unfettered movement up and down the fretboard. Even if your runs begin in the open position and end at the highest frets, this neck won't get in your way, and higher fret access is enhanced by the contoured cutaway. And its roasted maple construction provides a stable neck while offering increased sustain and tonal attack.
Double-locking tremolo for huge expressive potential
Ibanez is an industry leader when it comes to tremolo bridges, and the double-locking trem in the High Performance RG420HPAH is no exception. Whether you're dive bombing or pulling up for harmonic squeals, you can expect your strings to snap back to perfect tuning every time. It's also worth noting that this bridge also feels exceptionally smooth under your picking hand, perfect for long palm-muted passages.
Ibanez High Performance RG420HPAH Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Classic Ibanez RG playability and looks
- Fast-playing roasted maple Wizard III neck
- DiMarzio Air Norton (neck) and Tone Zone (bridge) humbucking pickups deliver explosive tone
- Coil-tap switch gives you access to single-coil pickup tones too
- Double-locking tremolo bridge offers huge expressive potential with rock-solid tuning stability
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeHigh Performance RG
- Body MaterialNyatoh
- Top MaterialAsh
- Body FinishGloss Polyurethane
- ColorBlue Wave Black
- Neck MaterialRoasted Maple
- Neck ShapeWizard III
- Fingerboard MaterialJatoba
- Fingerboard InlayWhite Dots
- Number of Frets24, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.692"
- Nut MaterialLocking
- Bridge/TailpieceDouble Locking Tremolo
- TunersIbanez Machine Heads
- Neck PickupDiMarzio Fusion Edge Humbucker
- Bridge PickupDiMarzio Fusion Edge Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2-way toggle coil-tap switch, 3-way blade pickup switch
- Manufacturer Part Number:RG420HPAHBWB