One rack space to rule them all.
The StudioLive 16R digital mixer is four audio tools in a single rackspace. Use it as a standalone digital mixer with UC Surface remote mixing software. Pair it with your StudioLive Series III console mixer to use as a stage box or integrated monitor mixer. Connect it with EarMix 16M monitor mixers for the ultimate personal monitor system. Plug it into your studio computer, and you have a continuously bidirectional, 36-channel (18x18) USB audio interface with modeled vintage dynamics and EQ plug-ins on every input and bus. Whether used standalone or as part of a complete audio system, no other rackmount digital mixer is as flexible or as powerful.
The best 16-channel digital mixer for your rack.
Inside the StudioLive 16R, the single-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine powers 18 mixing channels, 10 mix buses, and 130 simultaneous processors—including 2 stereo reverberation systems and Fat Channel plug-in models on every input channel and mix bus. This is a true 16-channel digital mixer that can comfortably fit in any size rig. Simply connect it to a standard wireless router and control every mix parameter from your iPad®, Android™ tablet, or Windows® Touch computer using UC Surface. UC Surface was designed to make mixing on a touch screen as intuitive as mixing on faders, but with the benefit of allowing you to mix front-of-house from anywhere in the venue.
Learn more about what makes the PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine so powerful.
An integrated monitor mixer.
Professional venues and touring acts know that having a dedicated monitor mixer is the best way to ensure musicians can hear themselves clearly on stage. When connected to a StudioLive Series III console mixer, the StudioLive 16R provides remote inputs and main outputs while simultaneously retaining full control over its FlexMixes, so you can create up to six monitor mixes complete with independent gate, compression, EQ, and effects on every channel and bus.
The perfect personal monitoring system.
Modern musicians sometimes want more than just remote control: They want total control. When combined with up to 16 EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers, the StudioLive 16R is the most powerful personal monitoring hub available. With 6 FlexMix buses that can be configured as aux mixes, subgroups, or matrix mixes, the StudioLive 16R makes it easy to create simplified mixes for some EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers, while giving other EarMix 16Ms on the same network access to all 16 channels. Two dedicated effects buses let you add reverb and delay and let the musicians control the blend from stage. No other personal monitoring system offers so much powerful processing with flexible, easy-to-use routing features.
Learn more about building a personal monitoring system with the StudioLive 16R and the EarMix 16M.
The digital stage box.
As a digital stage box for StudioLive Series III console mixers, the StudioLive 16R provides 16 remote digitally controlled XMAX preamps that can be gain-staged right from your StudioLive Series III console Fat Channel. The outputs of the StudioLive 16R automatically mirror the mixes available on your console mixer, making routing fast and easy. Best of all, when you need a rackmount mixer for a small mobile gig, simply disable Stage Box mode, and you have a full-featured, 16-channel digital mixer that fits into a single rackspace.
The USB audio interface with vintage sounds.
Recording engineers searching for a USB audio interface with near-zero latency monitor mixing, integrated plug-in models, and recallable mic preamps need look no further than the StudioLive 16R. An integrated 36-channel (18x18) audio interface lets you record with a complete rack of vintage EQ and dynamics processors for every channel and bus.
Modeled after classic analog studio designs, these compressor and EQ plug-ins load both natively on the StudioLive 16R and inside Studio One®, providing the ultimate mixing and recording flexibility. Like every PreSonus interface, the StudioLive 16R is ready to record right out of the box with Studio One Artist or Capture®—both of which are included.
A complete networked solution.
StudioLive Series III networked products form an ecosystem that is easily expanded and quickly configured. Designed to enhance each other, these products are at the forefront of AVB networking technology. The StudioLive 16R combines the powerful processing for which StudioLive Series III mixers are known with flexible modes to pair perfectly with console mixers and EarMix 16M personal monitoring mixers. Whether used standalone as a digital mixer and audio interface, or utilized with other StudioLive Series III ecosystem products, the StudioLive 16R combines flexibility with DSP power to become the ultimate compact audio solution.
Three year warranty—for all Series III and III S mixers
When we introduced the StudioLive Series III S mixers, we upgraded all Series III mixer warranty programs to three years as well, including both console and rack mixers. Even if you bought yours two and a half years ago, you're covered.
We take our build quality seriously, and if anything goes wrong with your mixer in your first three years of ownership (assuming you don't throw it in a swamp or anything like that) we'll repair it.
Includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh virtual instruments and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
- Powered by the new single-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine to provide the most processing of any digital mixer in its class
- 18 input-channel digital rack mixer
- 16 local digitally controlled XMAX mic/line inputs
- 2 FLEX FX returns
- 10 mix buses
- 6 FlexMixes (Aux, Subgroup, Matrix)
- 2 dedicated FLEX FX buses
- Stereo Main bus
- 130 simultaneous processors
- Gate / Expander
- Compressor with Fat Channel plug-in models
- 4-band/6-band parametric EQ with Fat Channel plug-in models
- 31-band Graphic EQ
- 4 FLEX FX slots featuring legendary classic reverb emulations and delays
- State Space-Modeled Fat Channel compressor and EQ plug-ins available on every input channel and output bus
- FLEX FX multi-effects processor with 2 slots to load legendary reverb emulations and delays with 2 dedicated effects buses
- 6 DCAs to control groups of channels
- 36-channel (18x18) recording over USB
- Onboard stereo SD recorder with true Virtual Soundcheck mode
- AVB Networking onboard (64x64) to connect with other mixers, NSB-series stage boxes, EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers and more
- Monitor Mix and Stage Box Mode for use with StudioLive Series III console mixers
- Pair with EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers for the ultimate personal monitor system
- Remote control every mix function from your computer, iPad, or Android tablet with UC Surface (included)
- Put your musicians’ monitor mix under their fingers with QMix-UC (included) for iOS or Android
- Capture 3.0 multitrack software included
- Automated Virtual Soundcheck
- Store StudioLive mix scenes with your audio
- Advanced Studio One integration (Studio One Artist Included)
- XMAX mic preamp control from Studio One
- Control Fat Channel parameters from Studio One mixing console