Journey OB660 Collapsible Carbon Fiber Acoustic Bass Guitar w/ Case
Patented removable neck system allows this carbon fiber acoustic travel bass guitar to collapse into an airline carry-on size case for the traveling musician or backpacker. Carbon fiber composite material provides durability and can function in any climate without cracking, warping or changing tone.
The Overhead bass carries a clear resonant tone with surprising volume and bass. The relatively small body size is able to carry a full sound through the use of a Manzer Wedge which increases the air volume while keeping the top of the guitar close to the body for comfort. Also provides access to the upper frets through a Scoopaway at the neck.
Also includes tone-enhancing premium-grade bone nut and saddle, along with ebony bridge pins.
- Soundboard: Unidirection Carbon Fiber with gloss finish
- Back & Sides: Carbon Fiber Twill with gloss finish
- Case: Custom-designed travel guitar backpack engineered to fit in airline carry-on comparent
DESIGNED FOR TRAVEL
The Overhead collapsible bass guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds. After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead bass can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin comparent. Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop. Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
FULL TONE IN A TRAVEL BODY
The Manzer Wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass. Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists. Offset sound-hole design maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard and proprietary bracing and layup structure produce a spectacular tone for such a compact instrument.
COMFORTABLE TO PLAY
The Manzer Wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing. The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style. Gloss-finish low-c profile neck make this 27 inch scale super comfortable to play. Scoop-away design gives full access to all 17 frets, yet maximizes inner air volume of the instrument for maximum acoustical volume.
- Stylized Overhead body shape
- Mid-position offset sound hole for maximum resonance
- Scoopaway for access to all 17 frets while maintaining maximum volume
- Beveled back for maximum playing comfort
- Manzer Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
- Beveled soundboard armrest for maximum comfort
- Unidirectional carbon fiber with proprietary carbon fiber bracing
- Fiberglass reinforced carbon fiber
- MOP logo and position markings
- Scale: 27 in (686 mm)
- Finish: High gloss polyurethane
- Bridge: Carbon Fiber, high break-angle
- Tuners: Grover 18:1 precision mini chrome tuners
- Electronics: Included Journey under-saddle passive transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
- Removable Neck Assembly: Stainless steel load-bearing components, Push-button release latch under neck, Large adjusent knob on back
- Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
- Deep-slotted bone nut
- Neck width at nut: 1 23/32 (44 mm)
- Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
- 12 Frets to body
- 17 Frets total
- 16 inch Radius, Carbon Fiber Fretboard
- Medium brass fret wire
- Weight: 4.1 lbs (1.9kg)
- Weight With Case: 7.6 lbs (3.5kg)
- Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
- Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
- Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
- Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
- Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm)
- Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*10 in (55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
- Tech Travel Ready: TSA compliant 14-inch computer comparent for optimal airport security inspection, Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
- Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
- Extra-padded Body comparent with premium velour
- Internally-accessible padded neck comparent with premium velour and string slot
- Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
- Padded Top and Side handles
- Internal/externally accessible comparent for accessories
- Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
- Additional elastic pockets in computer comparent
- Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
- Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)