Fender Mustang Electric Guitar w/ Maple Fretboard Black Finish (d)
CLASSIC STYLE, MODERN FEATURES
Since 1964 the Mustang model has been bringing Fender sound and style to the stage and the studio in the hands of trend-setting players ranging from Nirvana to The 1975. Upgraded with performance-oriented features, this new Mustang sports classic style with modern electronics in an ultra-comfortable short-scale form that’s easy to play all night long.
- 24" scale length; "C"-shaped maple neck
- Two Mustang single-coil pickups
- 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets
- Six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat bridge with bent steel saddles
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
24" SCALE LENGTH
This classic shorter scale was originally offered during the 1960s on Fender classics such as the Jaguar and Mustang guitars. The 24" scale remains an authentic Fender design element still offered today.
MUSTANG SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Thanks to their vintage-spec low output, Mustang single-coil pickups can deliver clean and pristine to earthy growl. Pure Fender tone shines through with enhanced mid and upper harmonics that easily cut through a mix.
MODERN "C"-SHAPED NECK
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary "C"-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), 9.5" fingerboard radius and medium jumbo frets.
THREE-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
This Mustang features a three-way toggle pickup switch, giving you either the bridge or neck pickup alone, or both.
SIX-SADDLE STRING-THROUGH-BODY HARDTAIL BRIDGE
This model features a hardtail six-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain. The string-through-body design enhances string-to-body vibration transfer for added sustain.
ENGRAVED NECK PLATE
This Mustang model features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender "F" logo—a classic design element for Fender instruments.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Pickups: MUSTANG Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle- Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)