A BASS-IC REVOLUTION
Bass—it’s where rhythm meets melody, creating a righteous groove that forces you to move with it. Without the Fender Precision Bass, the original electric bass, dance floors everywhere would be empty. As music evolves, our instruments change in lockstep; the end result is today’s version of this seminal instrument—the American Professional Precision Bass.
- Single Michael Bump-designed V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup
- '63 P Bass neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
V-Mod Precision Bass pickups are modified versions of our classic vintage pickup designs. Packed with the fundamental Fender bass sound you know and love, these split-coil pickups crank out high-output tone with vintage warmth and the crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
'63 P BASS NECK PROFILE
Considered by many to be the gold standard of bass neck profiles, American Professional Precision Bass guitars use the '63 P Bass neck profile. The satin finish on the back of the neck provides a smooth fret-hand feel.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
NEW FLUTED TUNERS
Wider at the top than the bottom, the fluted shafts force the string windings downward and keep them tight, resulting in a sharper and consistent break angle over the nut, creating increased sustain and better tuning stability.
POSIFLEX GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
NEW HARDSHELL CASE
The Elite Molded Case features body-hugging contours to protect your cherished instrument, TSA latches for increased security and nested stacking ability for easy storage and secure transport.
- Case: Elite Molded Case
- Body Material: Alder Body
- Finish Gloss: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Pickup: V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shaft
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "1963 C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard Truss Rod
- Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment