Fender American Original 60's Jaguar, 3-Color Sunburst Finish, Rosewood Fretboard, with Fender Hardshell Case
Never resting in our mission to make life better for musicians, we created the short-scale Jaguar guitar in 1962. Originally released as our feature-rich, top-of-the-line electric guitar, it inspired the heroes of the musical underground and hit its stride with surf, punk and alternative guitarists. The American Original ‘60s Jaguar brings that supple sound and slinky playability to life again, slightly tweaked for a modern feel.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘62 single-coil Jaguar pickups
- Lead/rhythm circuit; bass-cut “strangle” switch
- "‘60s C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish that not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE ‘62 PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce authentic Fender sound.
“’60S C” NECK SHAPE
This Jaguar features a “C”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the 1960s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body ShapeJaguar®
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck Binding1-Ply White
- Neck FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape'60s "C"
- Scale Length24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialRound-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeVintage Tall
- Nut MaterialBone
- Nut Width1.650" (42 mm)
- Position InlaysPearloid Dots
- Truss RodVintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod NutVintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge PickupPure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Neck PickupPure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- ControlsLead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Switching2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Special Electronics2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- BridgeVintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware FinishNickel/Chrome
- Tuning MachinesPure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard3-Ply Eggshell
- Control KnobsBlack Plastic
- Neck Plate4-Bolt
- StringsFender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagDeluxe Brown Hardshell (Gold Interior)