Fender American Original '50s Telecaster Electric Guitar, Butterscotch Natural Finish w/ HSC
The ultimate blue-collar guitar, the Telecaster launched a musical revolution when we released it. Quickly adopted by working guitarists who were enamored with its trend-setting sound, feel and unique style, the Telecaster laid the foundation for modern country, blues and even heavy metal (in Jimmy Page's hands). The American Original '50s Telecaster has all of the authentic Fender touches that made the Telecaster a star of the studio and stage, adding modern feel and pickup switching to this classic guitar.
- Ash body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage '52 single-coil Telecaster pickups
- Thick "U"-shaped neck profile; 9.5"-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; Telecaster bridge with three brass barrel saddles
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE '52 PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce the authentic sound and performance of individual model years.
THICK "U" NECK SHAPE
This Telecaster features a "U"-shaped neck profile for the substantial fret-hand feel typical of instruments from our original decade.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5"-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25" radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1952 "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod: Nut Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Case: Vintage-Style Hardshell