The AT4040 side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040 offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility. This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems. The AT4040¬ís low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.
* Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics.
* Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design.
* Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility.
* Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients.
* Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity.
* Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections.
* State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards.
* Custom shock mount provides superior isolation.
* Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad.
ELEMENT: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz
LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
IMPEDANCE: 100 ohms
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
NOISE: 12 dB SPL
DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
SWITCHES: Flat, roll-off;10 dB pad (nominal)
WEIGHT: 12.7 oz (360 g)
DIMENSIONS: 6.69" (170.0 mm) long,2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case.
AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: R1