Real Tube Tone to Match Your Style
Sonzera [Portuguese]: from som (sound), meaning a cool and/ or stunning sound (in the sense of music) – a kind of slang.
The Sonzera 50 is a 50-watt combo amplifier with two independently controlled, footswitchable channels designed for maximum versatility and in the spirit of vintage amps that allowed you to control your tone instead of the amp being in control.
The clean channel delivers full, 3D tones reminiscent of American 1960’s and 70’s amplifiers. The lead channel is related to the clean channel circuit-wise, so it can be set up to act as a boosted clean channel or manipulated to make the channels sound like two completely different amps (the lead channel can be set from slight to very heavy distortion by simply using the volume and master controls). The bright switch on the lead channel has been carefully tailored to deliver familiar high-end snap and is particularly effective on the low strings, neck pickup settings, and with singlecoils, while the low-end response of the lead channel is full, tight, and clear.
Both channels on the Sonzera are designed to maximize note clarity and definition, with bright switches per channel, a global presence control, and the tone stack allowing players to dial in bell-like chime or warmer, thicker tones. The Sonzera 50 features independent reverb controls per channel and can be turned on and off via the footswitch. The reverb circuit is designed to enhance notes without clouding them. The addition of a built-in effects loop allows players to use all their time-based effects with ease without negatively impacting the overall tone of the amp.
In addition to its versatile tone, the Sonzera 50 is also designed for reliability and serviceability. The power tube sockets are mounted directly to the steel chassis, and no push-on connections are used – all wires are soldered.
The Sonzera 50 comes as both a head and a 1x12 combo. With robust construction, a wide range of tones, and steadfast controllability, the Sonzera 50 is a solid gig- and studio-worthy amplifier.
- Wattage (Nominal): 50 Watts
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: Gain Channel Drive, Level, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Bright Switch, Clean Channel Volume, Master, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Bright Switch, Global Presence
- BACK PANEL FEATURES: Inlet Fused Power Inlet (IEC), Effects Loop Loop Return, Loop Send, Bias Fixed Bias, Adjustable (bias jacks accessible from back panel), Extension Speaker Jacks 5, Parallel Ohm Switching 4 (x2), 8 (x2), 16 (x1) Ohms
- Channels: Gain & Clean
- Cabinet Material / Construction: Poplar Plywood
- Covering: Stealth
- Grill Cloth: Black and Cream
- Panel: 2-Button Footswitch (Channel Gain/Clean, Reverb On/Off)
- Piping: Gold
- Speaker: 12” Celestion V-Type (Combo)
- Total Impedence: 16 Ohms (Combo)
- Power Tubes: (2) EL34BHT
- Preamp Tubes: (1) JJ ECC83S, (3)4 12AX7AC5 HG
- PREAMP TUBE POSITIONS & FUNCTIONS: V1 12AX7, Common Input Gain Stage / V2 12AX7AC5, Gain Channel / V3 12AX7AC5, Reverb / V4 12AX7AC5, Phase Inverter
- Amp Width: 24" (Head), 24" (Combo)
- Amp Depth: 9.5" (Head), 10.5" (Combo)
- Amp Height: 10.75" (Head), 19" (Combo
- Amp Weight: 40.2 lbs. (Head), 56.6 lbs. (Combo)
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch (Channel Gain/Clean, Reverb On/Off)