Fender LIMITED EDITION Adam Clayton U2 Purple Sparkle Jazz Bass w/ Original Houndstooth Case
CLAYTON SOUND AND STYLE
Adam Clayton’s impeccable groove and expansive bass tone form the sonic foundation of one of the biggest bands in the history of rock music: U2. Fender’s Adam Clayton Jazz Bass puts his rock-solid sound and style in your hands, with elegant appointments and authentic Fender tone, including potent Fender Custom Shop pickups and a stunning limited-edition Purple Sparkle gloss finish with matching headstock. Includes a custom houndstooth hardshell case with plush interior.
- Purple Sparkle gloss finish with matching headstock
- Custom “C”-shaped maple neck with vintage-style heel truss-rod adjustment
- 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and abalone block inlays
- Dual Fender Custom Shop '60s single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Vintage-style HiMass™ string-through-body/top-load bridge
- Includes a custom houndstooth hardshell case
CUSTOM SHOP PICKUPS
Elemental Jazz Bass tone comes from seismic dual Custom Shop single-coil pickups.
The specially-designed HiMass bridge on Clayton's bass has a lot of mass for rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.
CUSTOM "C"-SHAPED NECK PROFILE
Clayton's signature Jazz Bass features a distinctively sculpted custom neck profile for remakable playing comfort.
An authentic design element from the ‘60s, block fingerboard inlays add a touch of elegance to this bass.
MATCHING PAINTED HEADSTOCK
The Adam Clayton Precision Bass features the elegance of a matching painted headstock—a design element from Fender’s ‘60s high-end “custom color” instruments.
"LOLLIPOP" TUNING MACHINES
In a special mid-’60s design touch, the Adam Clayton Jazz Bass features seldom-seen oval "lollipop" tuning machines.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Control:s Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage-Style Bass
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender/Hipshot Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Custom Adam Clayton "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Abalone Blocks
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Included Case: Custom Houndstooth Hardshell Case