Fender American Pro Deluxe Shawbucker Telecaster, Multiple Finishes w/ Hardshell Case
SMOOTH FEEL, FAT SOUND
In the late '60s and early '70s guitarists wanted hum-free tone based on the sound of an amp about to blow up. You asked—so we listened and created the Telecaster Deluxe in 1973. Today's version, the American Professional Telecaster Deluxe ShawBucker, brings modern, player-oriented features to the stage and studio, and can still make an amp sizzle without breaking a sweat.
- Two Tim Shaw-designed ShawBucker humbucking pickups
- String-through-body Telecaster bridge with bent steel saddles
- New modern "Deep C"-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
- Treble bleed circuit maintains highs when reducing volume
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
Voiced specifically for their position, our redesigned ShawBucker open-coil humbucking pickups deliver highly dynamic, multi-dimensional tone while resisting electrical noise.
NEW "DEEP C" NECK PROFILE
Designed for comfort and speed, the new American Professional "Deep C" neck profile sports more substantial shoulders. The increased mass and altered geometry creates a more natural feel that’s perfect for chord and single-note playing alike.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
This vintage-style strings-thru-body bridge sports six stamped steel saddles for accurate intonation and vintage-informed tone.
The treble-bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume knob to reduce gain, letting your tone shine through, no matter where the instrument’s volume is set.
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more "organic" sounding.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots Truss Rod Bi-Flex
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: Shawbucker 2T
- Neck Pickup: Shawbucker 1T
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup w/ Treble Bleed), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup w/ Treble Bleed), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Up: Neck Pickup, Middle: Bridge and Neck Pickups, Down: Bridge Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Included Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case