The perfect sound in a compact piano. With the PRIVIA top model you will see the achievements of AiR technology, showing how these compact design instruments can also develop their full sound potential. All the new elements in the new sound tones of the PX-860 are completely convincing when the lid of the PRIVIA is opened up. You will appreciate the smallest subtleties of the sound, as it turns the sitting room into a concert hall. Using the new "Concert-Play" function the piano part with keyboard accompaniment can be played.
A Grand Revolution
The flagship of the new Privia line, the PX-860 has the advanced AiR sound set providing an additional level of realism, including grand piano lid simulation and sympathetic resonance. A combination of a new keyboard action and a powerful new sound engine provide a new level of detail, nuance and expression for a superior grand piano experience in the stylish design that Privia is known for.
Utilizing Casio’s new proprietary sound source "AiR", the PX-860 provides the amazing sound of a 9 foot concert grand piano. This grand piano sound is meticulously captured in stereo at four dynamic levels. The AiR sound source then delivers this sound with seamless dynamics for a remarkably expressive and powerful performance. For added realism AiR provides Damper Resonance for the rich sound of the strings when the sustain pedal is used and String Resonance to emulate the sympathetic resonance of the open strings in an acoustic grand. To further enhance the playing experience, the Hall Simulator provides simulations of the acoustics of real-world locations allowing you to experience playing the grand piano sound in a variety of locations.
The PX-860 features Casio’s 88 note Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard. This action is scaled to match the weight and resistance across the range of an 88 note grand piano. In addition, this action features simulated Ebony and Ivory textured keys for an incredible feel. Capturing your performance, Casio’s key action has three sensors to capture the dynamics of a performance with unparalleled speed and accuracy. To further enhance the experience, Casio’s Hammer Response feature takes into consideration the speed at which different sized hammers move inside acoustic grand relative to velocity the keys are pressed, this timing nuance provides the ultimate key to sound experience.
The PX-860 offers an impressive 256 notes of polyphony, as well as a choice of 18 instrument tones. New instrument tones include stereo string ensembles, basses and electric pianos derived from Casio’s award winning PX-5S. The PX-860 provides split and layer capability allowing you to play bass in your left hand and have two layered tones in your right. Duet mode splits the keyboard into two equal ranges, allowing student and teacher to use the piano simultaneously. An easy to use USB port can capture your performance as a standard .wav file so you can easily share your music. The PX-860 also has a 20W + 20W amplifier provides incredible sound and an adjustable top lid to project the sound like the lid on a grand piano. The matching keyboard cover, stand and pedal board make this a complete digital piano that is a welcome addition to any home décor.
High-quality audio recordings of 10 live philharmonic orchestra performances are installed. Pianists can play along with recordings and enjoy the feeling of participating in a magnificent performance. Musical scores of the music are also included.
Casio continues the tradition or providing "class compliant" USB connectivity on Privia digital pianos. This allows Privia to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need for downloading drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows Privia digital pianos to be used as a controller for the Apple iPad by using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit.
AIR Sound Source
To reproduce the sound of the finest acoustic grand pianos, the new Privia series features Casio’s proprietary AiR (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator) processor. Accessing more than three times the memory of the previous generation, the AiR processor utilizes grand piano samples recorded at four dynamics sampling to deliver grand piano sounds with long natural decays and remarkable expression. To further the grand piano experience, AiR adds realism by simulating the sound of the open strings when the dampers are raised by the pedal.
- Number of sensors: 3
- Hammer Action: Scaled Hammer Action II " Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II "
- Key surface finish: Simulated ebony and ivory keys
- Stabilizer: Yes
- Off Velocity: Yes
- Touch Sensitivity: 3 sensitivity levels, off
- Sound Source: AiR (Acoustic & intelligent Resonator) " Multi-dimensional Morphing AiR Sound Source "
- Max. Polyphony: 25
- Number of Built-in Tones: 18 (Improved Tones)
- Number of direct tone select buttons: 3
- Duet Mode: Yes
- Layer: Yes
- Split: Yes
- Octave Shift: Yes
- Hammer Response: Yes (4 levels)
- Damper Resonance: Yes (4 levels)
- String Resonance: Yes (4 levels)
- Sustain Samples: Yes (4 levels)
- Lid Simulator: Yes (Preset for piano tones)
- Key Off Simulator: Yes (Preset for piano tones)
- Hall Simulator: 4 Types
- Chorus: 4 Types
- Brilliance: -3 ~ 0 ~ +3
- DSP: Yes (Preset for some tones)
- Key Transpose: 25 steps (-12 semitones ~ 0 ~ +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5Hz ~ 440.0Hz ~ 465.9Hz
- Damper Noise Enable: On/Off
- Music Library: Yes
- Number of Preset Songs: 60
- Number of User Songs: 10
- Capacity for User Songs: Approx. 900KB (Approx. 90KB/song)
- Concert Play: Yes
- Number of Preset Songs: 10
- Lesson Function: Part ON / OFF
- Metronome: Yes
- Beats per Measure: 0~9
- Tempo Setting: 20 ~ 255BPM
- Recorder: Real Time Recording
- Number of Tracks/Songs: 2 Tracks, 1 song
- Audio Recording/Playback: Yes (44.1kHz WAV Format / max. 25 min. )
- Audio Recorder Volume: Yes
- Pedals: Built-in 3 pedals
- Half-Damper pedal Operation: Yes (seamless recognition)
- USB port (to Host): Yes
- USB flash drive port: Yes
- Phones / Output: 2 (Stereo Standard)
- Line Out: Yes
- Speakers: 4.7" x 2 + 2.0" x 2 (12cm x 2 + 5cm x 2)
- 2 way / 4 speakers: Yes
- Amplifiers: 20W x 2
- Power Source: DC 24 V
- Power Supply: AC Adapter : AD-E24250LW
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Consumption: 20 W
- Score Stand: Yes
- Score Book: Score Book of Concert Play Songs
- Pedal: Yes (3 pedals)
- AC Adapter: Yes (AD-E24250LW)
- Headphone Hook: Yes
- PX-860BK: Black wood tone
- PX-860BN: Walnut wood tone
- PX-860WE: White wood tone
- Matching Stand: Included
- Dimensions: 53.8" x 11.8" x 33.0" (w/o score stand & top lid closed) (1,367 x 299 x 837mm w/o score stand & top lid closed)
- Weight: 78.3 lbs (35.5kg)