Audio Technica AT4049b Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
Recommended for professional recording and critical applications in broadcast, this versatile microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant ¬ñ free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The AT4049b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4049b-EL omnidirectional head capsule (both available separately). Additional interchangeable capsules are available in cardioid (AT4051b-EL) and hypercardioid (AT4053b-EL).
* Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
* Omnidirectional polar pattern provides maximum ambient pickup.
* Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions.
* Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients.
* Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad.
* Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability.
* State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T¬ís stringent consistency and reliability standards.
* RoHS-compliant ¬ñ free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
ELEMENT: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
POLAR PATTERN: Omnidirectional
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz
LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
IMPEDANCE: 50 ohms
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
NOISE: 16 dB SPL
DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
SWITCH: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
WEIGHT: 130 g (4.6 oz)
DIMENSIONS: 155.0 mm (6.10") long,21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS: AT4051b-EL (cardioid); AT4053b-EL (hypercardioid)
ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case.
AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: S1